Sailpoint Training – The only pega IDM course you need
Introduction to Sail Point IIQ (Identity IQ):
Identity ID decreases the risk of improper access by organizing clarity to users and their access across cloud.
Identity IQ increases productivity while decreasing expenses by allowing users to demand plus support access and maintain password from several machines.
It allows business users to easily review and modify selections on Access review in increasing the efficiency and accuracy of certification campaigns.
Sail Point’s identity governance provides complete visibility into the performance, what kind of risk that represents, and allows taking action.
It links applications, data, and devices to create an identity approved business.
Identity IQ is a governance-based Identity and Access Management (IAM) software. It integrates management and provisioning in a combined suspension that supports a shared identity governance structure.
Identity IQ provides a compound of IAM processes that combine automated access certifications, access request, policy and password management, and identity intelligence.
Identity IQ is an application which is used to connect an organization’s network system users with performance and prerequisite information depending on their location within the company.
The concept of comparing the properties of an individual with authorities assigned to their accounts on IT resources can be understood as identity management.
The estimated arrangement of Identity IQ involves permissions for both the Compliance Manager and Lifecycle Manager portions.
Various organizations have a particular point in their identity program as it protects access to raw data that remains out of databases and applications.
Around 75% of business data being within files, the disability to protect the sensitive data which presents security and data break the prospect.
Using Security IQ, we can continue an identity governance program to governing user can access all the applications and data, while improving clarity into possible wicked behaviour and decreasing object uncertainty.
SAILPOINT IDENTITY IQ mainly consists of 4 components:
- Compliance Manager
- Lifecycle Manager
- Governance Platform
- User Provisioning
Compliance Manager is used to automating the common auditing, reporting, and management activities; it also integrates identity processes such as Access certification and Policy enforcement.
- It proactively identifies and restricts inappropriate access and violations of corporate policies.
- It ensures compliance and better manages risk during mergers and acquisitions.
Access Certifications: The periodic review of user access privileges in order to validate that access privileges align with a user’s job function and conform to policy guidelines. Entrance certifications are usually used as an organic control to ensure agreement with management.
Policy Enforcement: The set of preventive and detective controls that automatically ensure that defined policy is followed by the organization.
LIFE CYCLE MANAGER:
Lifecycle Manager allows users to access and reset passwords from a business interface. After applying policy to the lifecycle process user, Identity IQ Lifecycle Manager assures users to obtain the most relevant levels of access for the job purpose.
With Lifecycle Manager, the below functions can be performed,
- We can enable business users to individually request and manage access.
- We can also allow proactively adjust and change pass words.
- Speed performance of access using identity lifecycle functions.
- Organize access application and adjustment of processes.
Self-Service: The process of allowing users to access to devices using a self-service interface, which allows workflow to route the inquiry to the proper managers for support.
Password management: Pass word automation methods are used for resetting, controlling setting, and synchronizing passwords over the systems.
The Governance Platform organizes identity data, captures business policy, and proactively maintains user. These combined capabilities allow companies to build protective and detective powers that support important identity business processes, including access certifications, access requests, lifecycle management, and provisioning.
We can perform the below function by using Governance Platform:
- We can organize professional identity data across resources and transform it into business relevant information.
- We can create, execute and establish access across various applications.
- Prioritize compliance and protection efforts by evaluating the risk of each character, application and system resource.
- Define and leverage enterprise access policies for protective control.
Provisioning user operates as a connection between agreement and lifecycle processes by allowing compatible interfaces and processes.
It is used to send access requests to automated provisioning operations, including Identity IQ Provisioning Engine; and can also support manual control methods by performing standard work to trace process of all the changes demanded by the industry.
By using Provisioning, we can perform the below functions:
- Speed the provisioning of access changes to our managed resources
- Improve compliance by implementing changes according to defined policy
- Generate documentation of provisioning changes for auditors
Provisioning: Is nothing but, the process of granting, changing, or removing user access to applications, systems, and databases depending on a individual user identity.
Concepts and Attributes of Identity IQ:
- Sail Point Identity IQ serves users by Identity Cubes.
- Cubes are a set of records and entitlements which represent a particular user in the real environment.
- Identity Cubes are multi-dimensional data types of identity information that offer a logical description of various distributed users.
- Every Cube comprises information about every user entitlements, their activity, and compared business connection.
- Cubes are created through a design process from administrative experts that is by applying from Standard Applications and are restored dynamically by running a Identity task.
- Attributes are used to define Identity Cubes and consequently describes the real-world user.
- Identity Attributes are created directly by drafting a list of properties from different sources which are derived through rules.
By the multi-step process Identity Cubes are designed and modernized with account and attribute from multiple methods.
Various “authentic roots” like HR, Corporate Index will supply the unique identities and then it will begin the production of Integrity Cubes.
An Identity IQ element which interacts with various targeted programs, applications and systems to import application and account data. A connector is defined as part of an application.
Example: Delimited File Connector, JDBC, Active Directory, etc.
Sail Point IIQ supports various industry standard databases as an Executive Resources.
Few examples of Supported Connectors: Active Directory, DB2, MS SQL Server, Delimited File, JDBC, LDAP, LDIF, Linux, Oracle Apps, PeopleSoft, Oracle DB, IBM Tivoli Directory Server, IBM Tivoli Identity Manager, Lotus Notes, Mainframe, MS SharePoint, Sybase and many more.
The method from which Identity IQ produces and refreshes Cubes with account, attribute and data accessed through configured Demands.
Account Aggregation is similar to adjustment in an identity control solution. Tasks are used to implement account aggregation.
It is accomplished through determining and managing reusable Report Aggregation tasks.
Hello all! I’m a nature’s child, who loves the wild, bringing technical knowledge to you restyled.