SAP APO Interview Question & Answers
Looking out to get started with this technology on SAP APO?
Here comes my blog on SAP APO Interview Questions.
- What does APO stand for?
Answer: – The SAP APO is a product of sap that comes under the sap SCM (Supply Chain Management). APO stands for Advanced Planning and Optimization.
- Is SAP APO used as a stand-alone solution?
Answer: – The SAP APO cannot be used as a stand-alone solution as it requires backend support of an ERP system to execute functions. In most cases, the back system is the SAP R/3 system.
- Can I install the SAP APO and R/3 on the same server?
Answer: – It is impossible to install both the SAP APO and the SAP R/3 on one server. The size of the SAP APO system will be different, and it relies on the data volume, which has to be refined. The SAP APO needs a different server.
- How to freeze and unfreeze a planning version in the SAP APO?
Answer: – With the use of the function module, the Planning version can be frozen or unfrozen.
Function Module/SAP APO/TS_PAREA_VERSIO_FREEZE using this, there will be no changes to the planning version in the SAP APO.
- Does the Alert Monitor show dynamic alerts?
Answer: – The alert monitor does not show up the dynamic alerts. The Network alerts are there to show pegging relationships.
- In Dp (Demand Planning), what is Master Data?
- Answer: – Master Data in Demand Planning primarily is a Characteristic value combination generally known as CVCs. These are planning varieties in which the data is kept in key figures.
- How will the Sap R/3 communicate with the SAP APO?
Answer: – With the help of the APO CIF (Core Interface), which provides SAP APO with the master and transaction information in actual time. The CIF provided the R/3 Plug-in, which must be installed in the SAP R/3 system. You need to connect a CRM or a BW system with the same plug-in.
- What are the four types of Datasources?
Answer: – There are four types of Datasources:
- Transaction Data
- List down the databases that are available in the SAP APO system?
Answer: – There are two databases are present in the SCM (Supply Chain Management) APO:
- Database Server- Here, the master data is stored.
- Live cache Server- All the Transactional information is stored.
- What is PP/DS Planning Procedure? (plagiarism)
Answer: – Planning Procedure in Product Master (PP/DS) defines that when you convert a planned order to process orders, it is in Deallocated state and not a Scheduled state.
- How to use Create Planning Book with Two Tables?
Answer: – If you want to use two tables on a single screen for Planning Data View/ Book
- Select the indicator next to the second-page title and provide it with a name.
- In the Planning Book Maintenance wizard, an additional tab page specifies the second table’s key figures.
- How will the data exchange between two systems perform?
Answer: – SAP APO provides real-time connectivity to SAP R/three. Once any change is initiated in an individual system, it is instantly transferred to others and inversely. This implies all the data, whether a sales order, purchase order, or production order. We don’t need to carry out batch jobs between systems for data transfer.
- What is data integrity?
Answer: – Data integrity is no duplicate data. It eliminates the same entries in the database.
- In SAP BI, what is a multi-provider?
Answer: – A Multi-provider, also known as Info Provider, combines data from many other info-providers and makes it available for reporting purposes.
- In SAP, what does Business Content imply?
Business Content is a predefined model of information that contains SAP warehouse. That is used directly or with desired modifications in various industries.
- In version R/3, what is the method to copy planning?
Answer: – First, to delete the prior MRP planning versions, use OLIX. After that, use MCB & create new MRP planning versions by selecting the suitable version you are willing to form an ICO Version. In this case, the info structure is S094.
- List down the options that are available in the Transfer Rule?
- Differentiate between Infoset Query & Table View?
Answer: – The View table views one or more existing tables, whereas InfoSet Query is a query using flat plains. Parts of these tables remain visible, and some are hidden.
- In Data Modeling, what is the entity-relationship model?
Answer: – An Entity Relation Diagram (ERD) is used to generate a physical database.
It is a high-level data model
It is a schematic that shows all the entities within the scope of integration and the direct relationship between entities.
- How to create a dependent Info object?
Answer: – First, go to the info object screen in the administration workbench, go to the compounding tab, create a dependent info object on the former info object and activate it.
- List out the different types of source systems?
Answer: – There are five different types of source systems:
- SAP Systems-SAP Basis Release 3.11 and above – SAPI
- External Systems – BAPI
- File Systems
- DataBases – Use SAP DB Connect.
- What is the Importance of Hierarchies?
Answer: – With the help of hierarchies, one can display the elements of characteristics in the hierarchy manner and evaluate the query data for the individual hierarchy levels in the web applications.
- What is Master Data in the SAP APO?
Answer: – The Master Data can be created in an inappropriate manner in SAP APO, or you can transfer it from SAP R/3 to SAP APO. The data can be transferred using CIF(Core Interface) to the SAP APO module.
- In the Product Heuristic, what is the Reuse Mode?
Answer: – In the Product Heuristic, the Reuse mode makes the system reuse the orders present already in the heuristic run, which means the orders are not recreated and deleted.
- What is the Process for copying a Process Chain?
Answer: – The Process to copy a process chain is as follows:
- First, Go to the Process chain that you are willing to copy.
- Now in the tool tar, type copy and click enter.
- Here it will permit you to copy a Process Chain to a different Process Chain. It can also be modified according to the user’s requirement and saved.
You can also activate it and use it.
- Is it possible to run a business warehouse without SAP R/3 implementation?
Answer: – Yes, without the R/3 implementation, it is possible to run a business warehouse. You can transfer the structures allied with business warehouse information sources (Infocube, ODS table) to the inward information files or utilize third-party tools to attach the flat files and additional information sources.
- What is OLAP?
Answer: – OLAP is known as Online Analytical Processing. It is a reporting tool configured to understand your database schema, composition facts, and dimensions.
- What are the different stages of Data Mining?
Answer: – There are three stages of Data mining:
- Model building
- Initial Exploration
- What are the essential components that are involved in the SAP APO?
Answer: – Below are the components of SAP APO:
- Demand Planning
- Supply Network Planning
- (PP/DS) Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling
- Global available-to-promise (GATP)
- Transport Planning and Vehicle Scheduling
- What protocol is used by the SAP Gateway process?
Answer: – SAP gateway uses the TCP/IP protocol to communicate with the clients.
- What are pooled tables and their use?
Answer: – A pooled table is used to store control data. A table pool is a solid table in the database that consists of all the records of the allocated pooled tables saved. Different pooled tables can be put together to make a table pool.
- What are the different types of services that are used to handle communication?
Answer: – There are two types of services that are used to handle communications:
- Message Service: This service is used by the application servers to exchange short internal messages.
- Gateway Service: This Gateway service the communication among external applications using CPI-C protocol and R/3.
Suppose you want to get more information on the SAP APO training. In that case, you can visit the Cloudfoundation website and get in touch with their team.
All the very best.
Hello there! A Techbuff here to provide magnificent content on Software and Technologies.