Puppet Interview Questions and Answers
In publishing this blog, I expect to give all the information needed to answer outstanding Puppet interview questions and answers. Hopefully, this blog can be of use.
1. What is Puppet?
Puppet is an open-source configuration management tool businesses and organisations use to maintain consistent configurations across production, test, and developer environments.
2. What platforms can Puppet be installed on?
Puppet can be installed on various platforms, including Microsoft Windows and Linux.
3. What is Puppet’s declarative format?
It allows users to specify configuration information without using programming languages like Ruby.
4. What is the open-source community for Puppet?
Puppet has long benefitted from open-source community development; constantly adding features and solving bugs that enhance its functionality are introduced, creating an advanced and more efficient tool than privately held alternatives.
5. What is the platform support of Puppet?
Puppet works across Unix-based systems, Mac OS, Microsoft Windows systems, and anywhere else needed, making it popular among companies running multiple servers on various platforms.
6. What is the core architecture of Puppet?
Puppet’s core architecture consists of its master-slave model.
7. How does communication between Puppet master and agent nodes take place?
As for how communication between Puppet master and agent nodes occurs, SSL certificates allow secure connections to form between these nodes to ensure specific interactions and smooth-running processes.
8. What is the purpose of the Puppet master requesting the master certificate from the Puppet master?
It establishes an encrypted link between nodes using SSH certificates as security keys to maintain secure communication channels between two nodes.
9. What happens once the master sends its certificate to the enslaver?
After sending its certificate to the enslaver, it requests the slave certificate as part of the authentication procedure; once received by a master, the enslaved person must give the certificate back; in return, the master authenticates them by signing credentials sent directly by them as an authenticating factor for the certification process.
10. How does the administrator or DevOps engineer authenticate the enslaved person?
For the master to authenticate an enslaved person, an administrator or DevOps engineer must visit the Puppet master and sign the node certificates they intend to attach.
Once this process has taken place and only signed credentials belonging to that particular enslaved individual are signed off on by Puppet, secure connections that enable data exchange can be created.
11. What is the process of installing a Puppet Master on AWS?
Installing Puppet Master involves downloading necessary files, unzipping them, and establishing its Puppet agent.
Once an enslaved person is created, update their machine with WCAD preinstalled.
13. How do you apply the defaults for Puppet Master?
To apply Puppet Master defaults, restart Puppet Master and open port 8140 so it communicates with an enslaved person through OS firewalls.
14. When is the Puppet Master successfully set up on the enslaved person?
Puppet Master can now be successfully set up on an Enslaved person after downloading, unzipping and installing Puppet agent and then manually starting Puppet agent.
15. How can you create a specific directory on the master?
For each file a puppet master creates in a specific directory on their master machine, they should first verify its existence and that both read and write access permission is given to it. Its content should include information regarding IP addresses belonging to which slaved person.
16. What is a pseudo puppet agent hyphen test used for?
A pseudo puppet agent hyphen test works by asking its master for any necessary changes on specific servers and relaying that request directly to an agent, who then performs them and reports their success.
17. What is the most basic unit of coding in Puppet?
A puppet catalogue.
18. How do you specify the package name in Puppet?
To set the name of a package in Puppet, use the “package” resource type with its value set as its package name.
19. What are the attributes of Puppet?
Attributes in Puppet can provide additional details about a resource, including whether or not it should be installed and its permission settings.
20. How do you define a resource in Puppet?
To define a resource in Puppet, identify the resource type, define any applicable package names (if needed) and add attributes as required.
21. How do you create a manifest in Puppet?
To create a manifest with Puppet, create the file “site.bp” within the “manifests” folder within “production”, “environment”, and “code” directories of the Puppet directory.
22. What should be specified when creating a Puppet agent?
Any agent requesting updates from the master will have them applied automatically; when installing NGINX, you must select its resource type, name, attribute values and values as part of its installation procedure.
Puppet Online Training
23. What should be the content of the status dot txt file?
The file’s content should include text stating NGINX is installed, permission settings of 0, 6, 4, and 4, anda comma.
24. What is the process of creating a Puppet agent using a pseudo change environment folder?
The environment must then be moved into settings, renamed, and executed to be removed via script execution; after that, it checks if everything in production, manifest, and side dot pp is running without error before checking to remove itself again from memory.
25. What is the purpose of the script in the text?
This script primarily aims to test a Puppet agent after applying a catalogue to an enslaved person and verify software installation using an easy-to-manage console.
Utilising manifest files, this check verifies the status of buildings by creating and running scripts to demonstrate levels of buildings, creating files as needed and running hands in turn.
26. What are loops used for in manifests?
Loops can help simplify iterative tasks without repeatedly writing code for instance, installing multiple packages such as NGINX and SQL server simultaneously in slave hosts.
27. What is the purpose of using loops in manifests?
Loops allow iterative tasks to run more quickly without constantly writing code; creating arrays with two values called packagesenables multiple packages to be installed within an individual slaved person at one time.
28. What is the difference between unless and only if in Puppet?
“Until” refers to any command waiting to become false, while Only If guarantees that this order will run regardless of whether its specified power exists or fails.
29. Which of the following is not a feature of Puppet?
30. What is the role of the Puppet agent in Puppet’s architecture?
It receives the master certificate from the Puppet master
It requests the slave certificate from the Puppet master
It authenticates the enslaved person by signing the certificates
It installs all the required software on itself or the enslaved person
31. What is the purpose of Puppet’s “sign” command?
To verify the certificates of the nodes
To create files in specific directories
To request changes from the slave
To check the status of the Puppet Master service
32. What is the purpose of creating manifests in Puppet?
To solve problems related to resources
To create multiple resources inside a single file
To install NGINX
To create a status dot txt file
33. What is the first step in specifying a node in Puppet?
To create a manifest
To install NGINX
To specify the resource type, resource name, attribute, and value
To close the package
34. What is the content of the first manifest file created in Puppet?
Permissions to be set to 0 6, 4, 4, and a command
A status dot txt file
A text stating NGINX installed
35. What is the purpose of using loops in manifests?
To run iterative tasks without repeatedly writing code
To install multiple packages inside a slave
To test a Puppet agent
To create variables
Finally, robotics, animation, and software advances have advanced puppet technology; advanced control systems and rigging allow puppets to perform intricate motions and expressions; as virtual and augmented reality grows, puppet technology is being utilised in new ways to immerse audiences.I hope this blog helps you ace the interview.
Thank you for coming and reading this blog.
Puppet Course Price