Oracle Exadata Interview Questions
This Blog about Oracle Exadata Interview Questions! If you are in preparation for an interview on Exadata database system, here is your perfect place for tips.
This blog will address an assortment of essential subjects and frequently asked questions pertaining to Oracle Exadata, an enterprise database appliance designed for modern data processing requirements.
This blog can offer insightful advice for both those starting out with Oracle Exadata or more experienced professionals looking to deepen their understanding and boost interview readiness.
We have assembled a list of frequently asked interview questions regarding Oracle Exadata to give a sense of its core ideas and concepts.
Through reading these interview questions and their detailed answers, it may help you hone in on interview responses for Oracle Database workloads on Exadata platforms.
1. What is Oracle Exadata, and what are the different teams involved in the company?
Oracle Exadata is a software company that involves various teams, including database, application, audit, backup, storage, networking, middleware development, and data center teams.
2. What is the role of the IT general administration team in the company?
The IT general administration team is responsible for handing over the laptop and ticketing tool to the new employee and ensuring they have an account in the TCS domain.
3. What is the role of the Oracle Exadata project management team?
The Oracle Exadata project management team coordinates with outside vendors to discuss costing and workflow.
4. What is the role of the application testing team in the company?
The application testing team runs automated tests and provides reports on the functionality and reliability of the applications.
5. What is the role of the audit teams in the company?
The audit teams are responsible for reporting issues and ensuring that unnecessary ports are closed in the database. They also play a crucial role in ensuring the security of the company’s data.
6. What is the role of the system administration team in the company?
The system administration team is responsible for managing the database in either Linux or Windows boxes. They create new databases and take Armand backups for the integrity of the database.
7. Can you explain the role of Oracle Exadata Middleware development teams in an enterprise?
Oracle Exadata Middleware development teams, such as WebLogic and WebSpier, handle the integration of all components in an enterprise, including databases and applications.
8. How do Oracle Exadata DB and other teams collaborate in a business environment?
Oracle Exadata DB and other teams collaborate in a business environment by working closely with architects and support teams to address any issues or requests related to ODBC connections, backups, or connection problems.
They also assist architects directly when needed, such as identifying the correct JDBC version for their applications.
9. Can you provide examples of common issues that the data centre teams assist with?
Data centre teams assist with automating jobs and managing the temperature of servers in the data centre.
10. How does the Oracle Exadata Engineer’s role differ from the other teams involved in the Exadata system?
The Oracle Exadata Engineer’s role differs in that they take over three areas: storage, storage team, and installing the OS.
This change has led to the removal of the storage team and installing the OS in Exadata.
The database administrator has control over these areas and must work with the Oracle Exadata A C S team to install all necessary software.
11. Can you explain the storage and Linux teams’ responsibilities under the Exadata engineer’s management?
The storage and Linux teams under the Exadata engineer’s management maintain the storage and Linux teams.
12. What backup tools does the backup team use in an Exadata system?
The backup team uses backup tools like TSM or any other backup tool in an Exadata system.
Oracle Exadata Training
An Exadata system consists of D B servers, storage servers, and internal networks.
The D B servers manage the storage and Linux teams, while the storage and Linux teams maintain the storage and Linux teams.
14. Can you explain the InfiniBand switch and its role in connecting to a database server in Oracle Exadata?
An InfiniBand switch is a blade server that connects to a database server’s operating system and a storage server’s operating system, providing ETH0 connectivity.
It is also known as an admin switch, which provides ETH0 connectivity. It must be connected to the admin switch to connect to a database server.
15. How does the admin switch play a crucial role in the management network of Oracle Exadata?
The admin switch is a crucial component of the management network, connecting to various ports to access the database mission in Oracle Exadata.
It ensures that only the user can access the OS in Oracle Exadata.
16. Can you explain the concept of ETH0 connectivity in Oracle Exadata?
ETH0 connectivity is a network connection used by the database server in Oracle Exadata to connect to the admin switch, which in turn connects to the database server’s operating system.
17. How does the serial port connectivity ensure that only the user can access the OS in Oracle Exadata?
The serial port connectivity ensures that only the user can access the OS in Oracle Exadata.
18. How do InfiniBand switches differ from Rocky switches in terms of capabilities and recovery time in Oracle Exadata?
InfiniBand switches were available until X8, but the latest version, X8M, offers high speed and performance.
The X8M machine can restore a 5 TB database within 12 hours, while the X4 machine takes 10-12 hours. Rocky switches are more capable than InfiniBand and have a faster recovery time.
19. How does the introduction of the Rocky switch in the latest Exadata machine impact the design and architecture of the system?
The introduction of the Rocky switch in the latest Exadata machine is a significant change from the previous model.
It also introduces the concept of PMM and persistent memory, which were introduced in the X8M model.
20. What is the purpose of the zero Admin switch?
The zero Admin switch has no administrative functionality, making it more secure and easier to manage.
21. How does connecting a database server to a TSM through an InfiniBand switch ensure data integrity?
By connecting a database server to a TSM through an InfiniBand switch, data is ensured to be transmitted securely and efficiently, maintaining data integrity.
22. What is the significance of the power supply in an Exadata database mission?
The power supply is crucial for all components in Exadata database missions, ensuring that all components receive the necessary power to function properly.
23. Can you explain the role of a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification in switching and routing?
A Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification in switching and routing provides a foundational understanding of network switching and can be beneficial for those working with InfiniBand switches.
24. How does the InfiniBand network help in connecting to ZFS or TSM servers?
The InfiniBand network helps connect ZFS or TSM servers by providing a direct, high-speed connection between them, ensuring fast and efficient data transfer.
Oracle Exadata Online Training
25. What is the difference between a D B server and a cell server in Exadata database missions?
A D B server in Exadata database missions creates databases, while a cell server creates databases and houses data disk groups, record disk groups, and archives.
26. Can you provide an example of a network switch and its purpose in a data center or mission?
A network switch is a device that connects multiple devices in a data center or mission through ports and cables, allowing for efficient data transfer between components.
27. Can you explain the difference between normal Exadata and the highlighter version?
The highlighter version of Exadata is not directly connected to cell servers. Instead, it uses a different architecture for better performance.
28. How is power supply managed in Exadata database missions?
Power supply is managed through PDUs (Power Distribution Units), which supply power to admin, infinite band, storage, and electric switches.
29. What are the five components of Exadata, and what is their purpose?
The five components of Exadata are the admin switch, infinite band switch, storage switch, and electric switch. The Exadata box also includes other components like DV servers and storage servers.
30. How does the admin switch contribute to data center networks?
The admin switch is a generic term in data center networks and is essential for accessing DV servers when absent.
31. Can you describe the roles of DMA in an Exadata database mission?
DMA roles are additional storage team and system administrator responsibilities.
32. How does Exadata compare to traditional cloud-based systems?
Exadata is available on the cloud, but both versions require payment.
33. Can you explain the importance of database terminology and introduction as prerequisites for the Oracle Exadata course?
Database terminology and introduction are essential prerequisites for the Oracle Exadata course.
34. How does one access disk groups in an Exadata database mission?
To view disk groups, one must issue the A S M CMD command and connect to the A S M instance.
Disk groups can be created using disks, such as A S M disks, and configured using various disk sizes.
35. Can you explain the difference between ASMs and disk groups in an Exadata database mission?
ASMs are used to create data files in a storage server, while disk groups are created using disks like A S M disks.
36. Can you describe the storage level in an Exadata database mission?
The storage level in an Exadata database mission is in the storage server or cell server, where disk groups can be created and configured using various disk sizes.
Oracle Exadata Course Price