DataStage Interview Questions
Here in this blog, I’m going to share some of the important DataStage interview questions and answers.
- Define DataStage?
Answer: A DataStage is an ETL tool utilized to design, build, and perform various treatments to pack multiple desks in a data storehouse or even data marts.
- What are the characteristics of DataStage?
Answer: The Characteristics of DataStage are as follows:
- It can be set up on neighborhood servers and cloud-based on the requirement and criteria.
- It is straightforward to utilize and can quickly boost the velocity and adaptability of data integration properly.
- It assists big data and can access big data in many methods, such as JDBC integrator, JSON support, and distributed report units.
- Determine how a source file is populated?
Answer: A source record can be populated in numerous ways, for example, by making a SQL inquiry in Oracle or by utilizing a line generator to remove the device and so forth
- How is merging done in DataStage?
Answer: In DataStage, combining is performed when two or even more tables are expected to become integrated based upon their primary key pillar.
- Differentiate DataStage 7.5 and 7.0?
Answer: In DataStage 7.5, plenty of new stages are incorporated for additional toughness and smooth show, including Command Stage, Procedure Stage, Generate Report, and so on.
- What is the Difference between DataStage and Informatica?
Answer: In DataStage, there is a principle of parallelism, partition for nodule setup. At the same time, there is no idea of partition and similarity in Informatica for node setup. Informatica is a lot more extendable than DataStage, and DataStage is extra easy to use as matched up to Informatica.
- Differentiate between Data file and descriptor file?
Answer: As the title suggests, data documents include the data, as well as the descriptor data, consisting of the description/information concerning the data in the data reports.
- State repository tables in DataStage?
Answer: In DataStage, the Repository is yet another title for a data storage facility. It could be centralized along with distributed.
- Explain usage analysis in DataStage?
Answer: In DataStage, usage analysis is done within a couple of clicks. Introduce DataStage Manager & right-click on the task. Pick usage analysis, and also that’s it.
- Does DataStage support slowly changing dimensions?
Answer: version 8.5 + supports this feature
- Explain project in DataStage?
Answer: Whenever our experts initiate the DataStage customer, our company is inquired to hook up to a DataStage venture. A DataStage experience includes DataStage projects, integrated components, & DataStage designer or user-defined components.
- Differentiate between DataStage and DataStage TX?
Answer: DataStage is an ETL tool, and also DataStage TX is an EAI resource.
- How many types of views are there in a DataStage Director?
Answer: There are 3 types of DataStage Director
- Log view
- Job view
- Status view
- How are rejected rows managed in DataStage?
Answer: In DataStage, rejected rows can be managed through restraints in the transformer. It places the rejected rows in the transformer assets, or we can produce a brief storage space for refused rows with help from left control.
- How to clean the DataStage Repository?
Answer: Our experts can clean up the DataStage storehouse by utilizing the Clear Up Resources capability in the DataStage manager.
- What is the architecture of DataStage?
- Client components
- Table definitions
- How to convert a server job to a parallel career in DataStage?
Answer: A web server task can be similar to a Link collector and an IPC debt collector.
- What are the types of parallel processing in DataStage?
Answer: There are two types of parallel processing
- Data partitioning
- Data pipelining
- What is Data partitioning?
Answer: Data segmenting is a kind of identical technique for data handling. It includes breaking the records into dividing for processing, and it enhances the productivity of processing in a straight model.
- What is Data pipelining?
Answer: Data Pipelining is a sort of parallel technique for data processing. Our company removes Data coming from the source and afterward makes them go through a pattern of processing functions to get the necessary result.
- What is a collection library in DataStage?
Answer: The compilation public libraries are the set of operators and are used to accumulate the partitioned Data
- How can we run a job using the command line in DataStage?
Answer: dsjob -run -jobstatus <projectname><jobname>
- What is a flow designer in IBM DataStage?
Answer: Circulation designer is actually the individual online interface of DataStage and also is made use of to develop, revise, load, and also operate the projects in DataStage.
- What is infosphere in DataStage?
Answer: The infosphere info web server is qualified to deal with the high volume needs of the business and supplies high-quality and a lot faster results. It gives the firms a singular platform for dealing with the Data where they may recognize, well-maintained, improve, and supply enormous amounts of info.
- What are the different tiers of the infosphere server?
Answer: There are four different tiers of infosphere server
- Client tier
- Services tier
- Engine tier
- Metadata repository tier
Being a passionate person, I love to present trending technologies in an innovative way.